Your Everyday Guide to
Personal Finance and Insurance
CNBC TV 18 has published the book “Everyday guide to Personal Finance and Insurance” authored by Mr. Praharaj.
Deviating from run-of-the-mill books on Insurance and Personal Finance, Your Everyday Guide to Personal Finance and Insurance, talks about very real issues that impact retail investors. Without following a structured ‘class-room’ approach, it delves into the basics of financial planning, directly addressing top-of-the-mind questions that perplex both first time and experienced investors. Touching on issues that range from relationships with money and basic principles of investment to the need for women to be financially literate and planning at different life stages, amongst many other relevant themes, the book is a compilation of carefully selected blog pieces and newspaper articles by Prakash Praharaj, a certified financial planning professional and certified personal financial advisor. Leveraging his vast experience of 30 years in the financial services sector, which includes stints at Indian banking and insurance sector stalwarts, the author shares his insights and counsel through this book which is divided into three distinct segments – Financial Planning, Life Insurance and FAQs on Personal Finance. Ideal for today’s lifestyle, where information is gathered in bits and pieces, on-the-go, this book is presented in the form of crisp, blog-sized, easy to assimilate nuggets of information, making it a valuable guide to both the sequential reader and the random page-flipper.
Media (More than 25 articles & publications)
We have published many articles on personal finance in various national newspapers and Journals eg The Financial Express, The Economic Times, The Business Standard, The Times of India, The Mint Money, The Business Bhaskar, The Indian Express, The ANMI Journal among others.
List of publication and Media Mentions
- How to fund child’s education: Take a loan or use own funds?
- International Yoga Day: An early start can work wonders for your financial health
- 4 rules of thumb on how much you should save, borrow and invest
- HDFC Bank raises FD rates by 10-100 bps for various tenures
- Ola cab users can now insure their rides for as low as Re1
- In the new financial year, review your fund portfolio
- Budget 2018: Government tries to boost employment
- Learning to get the best deals on education loans
- Should you go for sweep-out deposits?
- How many credit cards do you need?
- New Year resolutions for your hard-earned money
- Can robo-advisors edge out humans?
- With planning, overseas higher education is possible for middle-class families too
- Income-stability worries trump price rise: Survey
- When confused, professional advice is what worked well
- How to retire early? Start planning early
- There is no magic to making your money grow; being disciplined is key
- NPS gets tax breaks, parity for subscribers
- Expert speak: Should you buy Return of Premium Term Insurance plans?
- Pension gets a stronger equity push
- Expert speak: Should you buy a single-premium insurance policies?
- Despite a rate cut, EPF a good fixed income option
- We are more sensible and relaxed about money matters
- How to make a Will on your own
- 3 fallouts of not repaying loans on time
- 5 mistakes to avoid in volatile investments
- Five mistakes to avoid in financial planning
- With love, from grandma and grandpa
- Reduce debt or invest with extra funds?
- Small expenses that erode your returns
- The ABC of money wisdom for children
- Best products to give you regular income
- Things to look for in a mutual fund factsheet
- How to be a smart shopper this season
- Diversify your retirement income streams
- How to plan a budget in percentages
- Can fund houses communicate with distributors the right way?
- Are you willing to pay for sound advice?
- For small savings vehicles, look at returns, tax benefits
- Financial Planning: Gold exchange-traded funds fetch long term capital gains tax if held for a year or more
- Financial Planning: In Insurance, the onus now lies with the seller(14th June 2013)
- Financial Planning: Standard Proposal form faces implementation hurdles( 7th May 2013)
- Insurance: Life Insurance Decoded:Why some prefer single premium plans?(1st June 2012)
- Insurance Planning: IRDA draft on standard proposals need minor tweaks(4th May 2012)
- Insurance: How to look at valuation of Life Insurance Companies?(21st April 2012)
- Health Insurance: Benefits of buying a top up Insurance policy!(7th April 2012)
- Insurance Planning: Review your life Insurance planning post Budget!(24th March 2012)
- Risk Management: How insurers can manage risk profile for better returns?(20th March 2012)
- Insurance: IRDA’s need analysis proposal step in right direction(25th Feb 2012)
- Insurance: IRDA’s sets benchmark for IPOs by insurance companies(28th Jan 2012)
- Insurance: IRDA’s steps will make the sector more transparent in 2012(3rd Jan 2012)
- Insurance: ULIPs’ need transparency on risks on line of MFs(19th Nov 2011)
- Insurance: Customers should be aware of risk inherent in ULIPs’(1st Nov 2011)